Prev: Re: Star Wars Action Fleet items on sale! [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Reabsorbtion

Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:37:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

A mass 100 SV ship with two "pre-loaded" wombs would be mass 112 until
the
drones were launched, and have consummately higher movement cost, IMO.
Normally fighter launches don't affect thrust levels of carriers. Even
though I think they should in general (I.e. a carrier with all fighter
groups launched is carrying less mass, therefore the engines may beable
supply more thrust), they _certainly_ should in the case of "overloaded"
SVs.

 Cost per extra group would have to be higher than 5 or 6 per fighter,
because tha game advantage of being able to launch and extra flight of
drones and use the energy for other purposes (manuever, weapons,
defense) is
worth a significant sum for the SV. How much I'm still not sure, but
25/30
pts per group seems way low. Perhaps consider them as "loose" groups
with
FTL packs. Cost would be 18 plus minimum required to get a single
Fighter
group FTL'ed into a combat = 30 more points.

Noam

Prev: Re: Star Wars Action Fleet items on sale! [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Reabsorbtion