Prev: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic) Next: Re: Kra' Vak & Phalon Color Scheme

Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:07:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

On 27-Jun-00 at 13:18, Oerjan Ohlson (oerjan.ohlson@telia.com) wrote:
> Greg Wong wrote:
>
> >And don't forget the laws of Thermodynamics.  Eating another ship
> >would not be 100% efficient.  There would be some waste.  So, eating
> >a mass 12 ship might only give you 6 mass toward a new ship.
> >(I'm pulling numbers out to the air here, but you get the general
> idea.)
>
> This would be represented by the "eating" ship being unable to
reabsorb
> anything else than biomass from the "food" ship. Engines, weapon
> organs, carapace etc are "wasted".
>
> BTW, Karl - the Sa'Vasku bio-constructs are just that:
> bio-*constructs*. They haven't evolved naturally any more than today's
> computers have :-/

Kind of makes you wonder if the original Sa'Vasku race even exists,
they may well have evolved themselves into something completely
different.  Sometimes I wonder if we aren't going to do that to
ourselves.  First all children will be beautiful, then intelligence
will creep up, then...

Roger

Prev: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic) Next: Re: Kra' Vak & Phalon Color Scheme