Prev: DS2:modified armour\mobility suggestion (pending the good stuff from Oerjan!) Next: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:48:31 +0200
Subject: Re: Cannibalism (and yes it is on topic)

Greg Wong wrote:

>And don't forget the laws of Thermodynamics.  Eating another ship
>would not be 100% efficient.  There would be some waste.  So, eating
>a mass 12 ship might only give you 6 mass toward a new ship.
>(I'm pulling numbers out to the air here, but you get the general
idea.)

This would be represented by the "eating" ship being unable to reabsorb
anything else than biomass from the "food" ship. Engines, weapon
organs, carapace etc are "wasted".

BTW, Karl - the Sa'Vasku bio-constructs are just that:
bio-*constructs*. They haven't evolved naturally any more than today's
computers have :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com