Prev: Re: [FT] PAU Ships (Oops) Next: Re: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons

Re: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:12:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons

>From an ECC scheduling point of few, if you were submitting an event
for
the ECC convention, I would hope that you could accomodate at least 6
players.
But also be flexible to add one or more walk-on players who've never
played
Dirtside before.

Keep the game simple.  I don't know how much time you'll have in the
time
slot, but figure that you'll need about 30-45 minutes to brief the
players
and let them plan before they start pushing the figures around.  A lot
of the
Carter Island time was spent in setup!	A higher complexity scenario
requires
more player planning.

Prepare team briefing sheets for each side with the situation, force
levels, and victory conditions. Not only does this help your players,
but it
will document your scenario for list members after the convention.

> to a good (or even decent) game that can be run in a two hour con
slot?

Two hours for the slot?  Yow!  Simple, simple, simple.	With that type
of time constraint, it may be worth focusing on a predominantly armor
engagement with little or no infantry, artillery, and air support.

Having a simpler scenario will make it easier for you to playtest the
scenario.

Good luck!

Jon

Prev: Re: [FT] PAU Ships (Oops) Next: Re: [DS] Scenario Design for Cons