Prev: RE: Sa' Vasku Next: Re: My designs (PWB Game)

Re: My designs (PWB Game)

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:43:05 +0100
Subject: Re: My designs (PWB Game)

Thus spoke Roger Books on Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 12:51:20PM -0400 :

[Snippy snippy]

> > What Colin has is in alpha test mode.  He has six players signed up
> > with 1200 point fleets each.  The system supports beams, FC, armor,
> > and screens, so the designs will be a bit unconventional without
> > a fighter or missile threat.
>
> I had one of those and dropped it for the current project.  The big
> problem is I tried to limit things to only two phases, which gets
> kind of nasty with fighters.

[snip explanation of fighters and defences]

> Talk about fun to code. :)

I've got around it by modifying the turn sequence.

Turn reports give the position -after- movement, but before firing,
fighter
attacks, missile attacks etc...  Once I have implemented fighter I
intend
to list all declared fighter/missile attacks in the turn report.  So the
player can assign defences directly.

This does mean that all movement has to be conditional - but I think
thats
simpler than conditional firing/fighter attacks/PDS/ADFC etc... :)

--
Colin Plummer

Prev: RE: Sa' Vasku Next: Re: My designs (PWB Game)