Prev: [SG?] new 15mm from GZG? Next: RE: [SG?] new 15mm from GZG? [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: UNSC Starships

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:13:27 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC Starships

In message <001401bfda0b$750dd740$9a688cd4@gerrish>
	  "Roger Gerrish" <roger.gerrish@lineone.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody, Officially or Un-Officially come up with any stats for
the UNSC, are there any plans for
> human 'advanced tech' goodies that these vessels might carry.
> I assume the Islamics would be put together using existing FB1/2
rules.

> Regards.............

Not as such, but I was suddenly inspired by this thought:
As the GZG UNSC fleet models are highly modular, how about listing stats
for each modular component?
Something along the line of:
Mass, Hull Boxes, Crew factor, plus any other systems in the module
Example: a 'main hull' module would contain weapons, shields - but see
below - sensors, etc. It could also have unallocated space for
customising to a particular design.
A cargo module would have some hull and cargo space.
The 'wing' modules couldĀ have hull and weapons systems

The problems are those systems whose size depends on the size of the
ship, namely shields and drive (any others?).

Shields could be handled by sone having any in the modules, if required,
the shields would have their mass calculated after the rest of the ship
is designed, and would be installed in the unallocated space.

Main drive - looking at the pics in the catalogue, I can make out three
diferent drive modules - lets call them small, medium, & large.

each drive module has a _drive factor_ (DF) as follows:
Small: DF=150, Medium: DF=300, Large: DF=450 (these values are primarily
to demonstate the concept - they probably need tweeking)
To determine the thrust factor for the ship, sum up the DF for the drive
modules, and divide by the Mass (TMF) of the ship.

If anyone is interested, I'll work these ideas out properly.

Charles.

--

Prev: [SG?] new 15mm from GZG? Next: RE: [SG?] new 15mm from GZG? [CLEAN STAMP]