Prev: Re: UNSC Starships Next: Re: [FH] Battle report

Re: Fw: Footfall (off-list)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 20 Jun 2000 14:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Fw: Footfall (off-list)

> OTH I really consider Legacy of Heorot to be one of the finest
> pieces of science fiction I have read.
>
> Roger

A good read, plausible tech and interesting characters. On the other
hand, I found the aliens' biology and ecology in 'Legacy of Heorot' and
'Beowulf's Children' just a bit too far out for a hard-SF book.
Especially
that turbo gland that allows them to sprint at incredible speeds smells
too much like a trick to make no-tech aliens a threat to high-tech
human settlers.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: UNSC Starships Next: Re: [FH] Battle report