Prev: Re: Nexus Plastic models Next: Re: Crowbars

[FH] Battle report

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:31:06 -0400
Subject: [FH] Battle report

My 11 year old interest in FT--among other things--has suddenly
manifested.  We played yesterday at 1000 points, then again
tonight.
1300 points each side.
ESU: Admiral Khristofr Iakovich Kulakov (me):  1 Nanucka II, 2
Gorshkovs and 2 Petrograds on my side,
NSL: Admiral Joshua Morgen (him): 2 Maria von Burgunds, 1
Markgraf, 2 Waldburgs (1 plain, 1 M)

  He started slogging along, straight down the middle.	My
Petrograds went left, my others went right.    I haven't got the
hang of cinematic maneuvering yet, so I turned in a little
quicker than I should, with the result that my cruisers were in
his FP arc and my BBs were in his FS arc.  We exchanged fire at
right around 24" range, and his Kochte Effect came into play.
Unfortunately his Teske Field also showed up.  One ship, for
example, fired 2 beam 3's and 2 beam 2's at 23" for 6
dice...resulting in 13 damage.
   Next round, I decided this head-on assault stuff was highly
overrated, so my Gorshkovs dropped their missiles and broke
right as my battleships broke left.  All of my missiles found
targets--not much of a feat against NSL.  Having a stable firing
platform must have helped their gunnery--one Maria shot down all
five incoming vampires with a single Beam 1, the other one
rolled two sixes for its first pair of PDS and knocked down the
three incoming missiles.  One damage point got through on the
Walburg-M, but on the bright side, I did almost very nearly
destroy the Waldburg.
   Along about this point, the Admiral's chef remembered he'd
left the borscht cooking back at the base, and the Admiral was
forced to break off action before things (unspecified things)
got overly cooked... that's the story as told by the Red Star
Prevaricator, anyway, so it must be pravda.  The NSL Bullenspiel
tells a slightly different tale, but no one would take any
regard of that...
   (Joshua has said that he is "egostatic"--a very apt
description).

Prev: Re: Nexus Plastic models Next: Re: Crowbars