Prev: Re: Nexus Plastic models Next: RE: Nexus Plastic models [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: Launching fighter drones from savasku PODs

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:54:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Launching fighter drones from savasku PODs

In message
<CA379025AEA1D3118A0D0000BC11753A04C6A0D1@MAIL1.sts-systems.ca>
	  NGarbett@STSSystems.com wrote:

> Now before i start i may have the values wrong. But as the POD
launcher
> is the same mass as the Womb why not have a pod type of say  fighter
POD

----

> Nick Garbett
> Senior Design Build Engineer
> STS Systems (Europe) Ltd.
> Tel : (+44) 0121 717 6817
> Fax : (+44) 0121 717 6801
>
> email: ngarbett@stssystems.com

Well, I'd though of something similar (is your concept based on a
certain B5 episode perhaps? mine was) But looking at the FB2 pod
descriptions I note that all pods were 1 biomass, so IMHO the standard
pod launcher can only fire 1 biomass pods.

I did consider, however, a super-pod-launcher concept that could fire
the 7 biomass fighter pods you described, as well as other extra-large
pods - didn't develope it further, but it could be the sa'vasku
equivalent of 'super weapons' like the Nova cannon and Wave gun.

Charles

--

Prev: Re: Nexus Plastic models Next: RE: Nexus Plastic models [CLEAN STAMP]