Prev: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization) Next: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:49:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] FB2 Torpedo Fighters (was Fighter customization)

***
I'm tempted to ignore the FTFB2 write up for torpedo fighters.	Although
haven't played them, my gut says they're too powerful.
***

I certainly understand. My limited experience with fighters is they tend
be Bantha Poodoo; one shot seems their normal mode anyway. Though, I'll
have
to take another look at FB2.

If adjustments ARE needed, how about things like endurance requirements
for
an attack:
***
and use up all thier endurance when they fire the torpedo).
***

so that their endurance to target is limited. Admittedly, this only
matters
IF you use the endurance rules.

Otherwise, how about torpedo fighters have to drop their torpedoes if
they
are engaged in dogfight. Using interceptors to pull teeth even if
they're
unsuccessful in the attempt to slap down. This may be TOO much of a
restriction, though.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler