Prev: Re: Crowbars Next: Re: Crowbars

Rear arc in vector

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:27:38 +1000
Subject: Rear arc in vector

G'day Brian,

 >I usually use a house rule that removes the rear arc restriction
excactly
 >because of this. It makes no sense to have a ship burn all but 1 point
of
 >thrust, turn 180 degrees, and not be able to fire out of what is now
the
 >rear arc (i.e. the direction the ship is moving), but be able to fire
the
 >direction the engines were firing....
 >
 >Vector players, how do you use this rule?
 >  1) The aft arc of the ship during the firing phase
 >  2) The arc that the ship thrusted into during movement
 >  3) Ignore Rule
 >  4) Other (please specify)

We play it as per option 1) here, we know it don't make strict sense but

its the easiest to remember and causes the least arguments if you get a
finnickety opponent.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Crowbars Next: Re: Crowbars