Prev: Re: Retrograde gimmickry Next: RE: Retrograde gimmickry

RE: thrust-1 zigzag

From: "Andrew Apter" <apter@p...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:07:22 -0400
Subject: RE: thrust-1 zigzag

>> >Our group views Nova Cannons as "Siege" weapons.  Good in campaigns
>> >involving outposts and such that can't move.  You are correct in
pointing
>> >out that hitting moving targets with Nova Cannons can be difficult.

>> Assuming a thrust 1 ship uses both its main drive and its push, it
still
>> only has a maximum acceleration of just over four inches over three
>> turns(with vector movement).

>The operative words in this comment, while they make it perfectly
accurate,
>are the ones in parenths.  ;)

In a 5000 point game one is not limited to a single Nova Cannon.  The
ability to make an  opponent zigzag gives you an ability to control his
movments.  I have seen Nova Cannon used well and badly.  The weapon
limits
the tactical choices of an opponent an in this more then the damage it
does
makes it useful.

Andy A

Prev: Re: Retrograde gimmickry Next: RE: Retrograde gimmickry