Prev: Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets] Next: Attn: Paul Radford

Re: FB2 SV Drone Question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:12:09 +0200
Subject: Re: FB2 SV Drone Question

Brian Bell wrote:

[Rule quote snipped - verbatim quote this time ;-) ]

>Again, I see that it could be argued three ways:
>1) It takes a turn to grow drones and it must be noted during the
orders
>phase of the turn, so if there are drones in the womb any time during
>the turn, no drones can be grown (i.e. takes a FULL turn to grow
>drones). Takes 2 turn to grow and launch each flight of drones.

>2) Drones are grown in the repair phase, so as long as there are no
>drones in the womb during the repair phase, drones can be launched
>and then grown in the same turn. Takes 1 turn to grow the initial
flight of >drones, but then can launch and grow a flight of drones each
turn.

>3) It takes a full turn to grow drones (from repair phase to repair
>phase). So drones are not fully formed until the repair phase, and may
>not launch until the following turn.

1) and 3) are effectively the same (in either case you can't start
growing drones if there are still other drones in the womb when you
write the orders and thus allocate power to the repair pool). This rule
is a bit unclear, which is why I wrote "IIRC... ..., but don't quote me
on that." <g>

Beth is the main Sa'Vasku expert on the playtest panel (apart from Jon
himself, that is). If she goes with 1), it is probably correct :-)

My main point still holds though: it takes quite some time for the
Vas'Sa'Teth to grow and launch its full brood, giving the enemy a
chance	to throw some wrenches in the SV plans.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [Fwd: "Custom" fleets] Next: Attn: Paul Radford