Prev: blue! Next: Re: Custom Fleets -> Oerjan's ships......

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:26:22 +0200
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

Indy wrote:

>>I would like to use a floating table but haven't found a solution to
this
>>problem that doesn't involve putting my beer down to record where
>>everyone is located, 'off table'.  Too much paper work... is there a
>>more elegant solution?  Otherwise, I'd just soon stick with the fixed
>>table method discussed in FT2.
>
>Oerjan's solution is to play in cm, not inches. His playing field
>suddenly becomes more than 2.5x larger.  :-)

No, 6.25 times larger. 2.5 times in two dimensions <g> IME, most of the
time a ship which leaves the table in the opposite direction to
everyone else is too badly crippled to do anything more than run away
anyway (and has its last DCP feverishly working on repairing the
#¤%$£@
FTL drive :-/ ), so unless someone else is chasing it with realistic
hopes of actually catching it we tend to let it break off.

Of course, Mikko will very soon comment on how cm-measuring sucks...
I*H*O of course, not M :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: blue! Next: Re: Custom Fleets -> Oerjan's ships......