Prev: gzg vs geohex product codes puzzle Next: Re: Retrograde from hell

Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud

From: "Espen Sortland" <Espen.Sortland@n...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:12:11 +0200
Subject: Re: FB2 Vapour Shroud

 ODUPSHAW3@cs.com 06/09 4:57 am
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When others use fighters/missiles, whats to stop the phalons from using
their own fighters as screens, blasting the incoming
fighters/missiles......

> Thanks for the information I thought I was missing something.  If you
shroud
> you can not fire and your point defense net goes down.  In my galaxy
we call

Um, what PDS net - You get 1 die from a pulser configured in any mode.
The average ships would "waste" half of their available pulsers.

> this "missile bait."	If you leave your ships with AFDC unshrouded
they are
> going to be priority targets.  If you never shroud, so that you can
keep your
> point defense online you are wasting points.	In small battles with
few>
  fighters or missiles I can see the usefulness of the system, but in
larger
> battles I think I will swap the shroud with a level one screen.

Swap? What did I miss here. Building your own ships/Mixing alien and
human tech?
If you are talking about mixing, the ultimate combo would be shrouds
combined with k-guns.

>      Another use for the shroud would be a for scout ship.  There your

> mission is not to fight but to survive and get back with your
information.
> Or you could put it on a ship armed with one shot weapons.  Close,
fire,>
  shroud and run away.

Yup.

> Oliver Dewey Upshaw III

Espen

This email and any files transmitted with it  has been swept by

Prev: gzg vs geohex product codes puzzle Next: Re: Retrograde from hell