Prev: [FT] Some ideas from B5 Next: Re: FB2... hmmmm...

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

Noam:

I'd written out a nice elaborate argument explaining why, on the
fixed-edge
table that the Full Thrust rules so obviously assume as the norm, the
keepaway beam-6 BC's wouldn't be as broadly sound as the dreadplanet,
before
a pretty stupid and simple mod occurred to me:	Reflex field.

Your ships can take about half as much damage getting reflected back as
mine
can of what gets through.  If you're a starfaring power relying on them,
your
enslavement by the Hierarchy would take about as long as a refit,
regardless
of whether we were playing on a fixed or floating edged table.

Incidentally, we play cinematic on a fixed edge... which makes this
tactic
pretty unsound right there.  I honestly don't understand why anyone
would
_want_ to play on a floating-edge table... it's basically _asking_ for
people
to bore you to death with keepaway.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: [FT] Some ideas from B5 Next: Re: FB2... hmmmm...