Prev: Re: FB2, ubership with needle beams Next: Re: FB2... hmmmm...

RE: [FT] FB2 Errata

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:01:18 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] FB2 Errata

>It gives you the cost for a 1-die shot. It does NOT explicitly say that
you
>can spend multiples of that amount for multiple dice of damage. I
understand
>that that is how it works, and it is implied in the example, but it
does not
>state it.
>
>It also says "a single stinger node may handle any required amount of
power
>for each shot", but that was immediately following the cost of a 1-die
shot
>per range, not that multiples of the chart can be used for multiple
damage.
>It also states that each stinger may only be fired once per turn. So if
one
>did not read the example, one could think that each stinger can only do
1
>point of damage (but power cost varies with range). Again, I understand
that
>that is not the case, but it does not explicitly state that extra power
may
>be used to increase the number of dice per shot.

That's why we put examples in the books, to clarify the way a rule
works!	;-)
I think I can kind of see what you're getting at, but I thought the rule
was clear enough as it stood.
Did anyone else read it this way when they first looked at it? If so,
then
there may be an argument for putting it in the errata just to make sure.

Jon (GZG)