Prev: Missiles, Plasme bolts and other fun stuff Next: Re: [FT] Testing Houserules (old and new)

RE: FB2... hmmmm...

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:20:36 -0400
Subject: RE: FB2... hmmmm...

Morale rules come in when the Torp Fighters have to face screening
fighters
and PDS before being able to attempt a strike at thier target.

Example:
3 flights of TorpFighters takes 3 turns to get to the target.
On the 2nd round flight 1 is hit by enemy fighters and looses 4
fighters.
  It in return does kills 1 fighter.
  Enemy Fighters: 5
  Flight 1: 2
  Flight 2: 6
  Flight 3: 6
On round 3, the enemy fighter group rolls for Morale.
  It gets a 4, so attacks flight 2 and kills 4 fighters.
  Flight 2 is diverted from the target and kills 1 enemy fighter.
  PDS kills 3 fighters in Flight 3.
  Flight 1 rolls for Morale and gets a 3. He only has 2 fighters, so
fails.
  Flight 3 rolls for Morale and gets a 4. He only has 3 fighters, so
fails.
  No fighters are able to attack this turn.
  Enemy Fighters: 4
  Flight 1: 2
  Flight 2: 2
  Flight 3: 3
On round 4, the enemy fighters roll for Morale and get a 3
  The enemy fighters attack Flight 3 and kills 2 fighters.
  Flight 3 tries to ignore the enemy fighters to strike the ship.
  It rolls higher than a 1, so is unable to attack the ship.
  PDS kills 1 fighter in flight 1 and 1 fighter in flight 2.
  Flights 1 & 2 roll for Morale, but roll higher than a 1, so fail.
  Enemy Fighters: 4
  Flight 1: 1
  Flight 2: 1
  Flight 3: 1
At this point they have used 3 rounds of endurance and need to roll a 1
on a
d6 in order to attack. Chances are that the enemy fighters and PDS will
take
out 2 of these groups if they press the attack.

Now, granted that this is a strawman and that Flight 3	on round 3 had
an
50/50 chance to make the attack. However, the Torpedo fighters
outnumbered
the enemy fighters by 3:1. [Number of kills were based on average rolls
without re-rolls and rounding up on each side].

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/