Prev: Re: NI Gallery Update Next: RE: FB2... hmmmm...

Missiles, Plasme bolts and other fun stuff

From: "Sindre Cools Berg" <cobos@s...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:59:51 +0300
Subject: Missiles, Plasme bolts and other fun stuff

I've got a question regarding Plasma Bolt, and Missiles. In the FB2 turn
sequence it says plasma bolts explode first and then missile and finally
fighters. That then leaves a few questions...Specificly both fighters
and
missiles engages targets within 6MU, but when are they "moved" into the
ship
in question ? Let me illustrate this with an example (well try anyway):
Here is a "drawing" of the situation, seen from directly above

PB <---4MU--->Ship<---5MU----->SM cluster and fighter group

Lets say a plasma bolt has been launched and ends up 4MU directly left
of
the ship in question. At the same time 5MU to the right of this ship is
1
fighter squadron and 1 SM cluster. The fighter group has declared it
will
attack our ship as well as the SM cluster which only has this one ship
within range. You will then resolve PDS fire and everything seems
good...except one thing... the plasma bolt is not normally in range of
the
fighter and missile, but it is when the fighter and missile attacks, so
will
the plasma bolt affect the missiles or fighters at all or will the poor
ship
be hit by first the plasma, then the missile and finally the fighters
will
attack (assuming they survived the moral roll) ? Or will the plasma bolt
take out some or all of the missiles and fighters since they sort of
overlap....

While I'm in question mode....
Do you roll morale for a fighter group every time it attacks or just the
times it takes damage, i.e. a fighter group with only 3 fighters left
attack, but it is not damaged this round, will it have to roll morale ?

1 What must the carrier do (or rather what CAN'T the carrier do while it
does this) ?
2 How long time does it take ?
3 Can you join 2 fighter groups of 3 fighters to one squadron of 6 f.
inst.
?
4 Does this (question 3) affect time of operation and when does it
happen
exactly (important for threshold rolls against bays on carriers loading
and
launching) ?
5 Can a fighter move the round it is launched ?
6 Can you join two fighter groups of different type ?

I know some of the questions above is covered by house rules, but I'm
curious on "official" consensus ..

Sindre

Prev: Re: NI Gallery Update Next: RE: FB2... hmmmm...