Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku starbases Next: Re: Sa'Vasku starbases

Re: Sa'Vasku starbases

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:52:45 -0600
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku starbases

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:45:50 -0400 , "Davis, Jonathan E (CRD)" writes:

>I'm a little curious as to what the Sa'Vasku would use
>a starbase for.  Could it be a "health" station where
>biomass could be regrown and transferred to ailing ships?
>Could it be used for establishing a protected volume
>of space for defensive purposes?
>
>Any other insights?

I'm not sure the S'V would have starbases as such.  Grow some very
large ships with low power (huge biomass).  They would move slowly,
but could move around a system and between systems to "farm" them.
Equip the monster with some large drone bays for cruiser sized ships,
and some regular drone bays for anything with a drone bay itself, and
you can feed the fleet mass.

This has come up before (already), but I do wonder how small S'V ships
are made and refueled.	Healing?  Feed off of one of these monster
farming units?

I can see a really interesting scenario where a human fleet chases a
couple of S'V large but wounded units to one of these bases.  Have to
get mass from the base to the damaged units to heal them of for the
fight, but the massive unit isn't all that combat capable by itself.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku starbases Next: Re: Sa'Vasku starbases