Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: WoTC buyout of LUG

RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:15:27 -0500
Subject: RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

Tom wrote:
> And yeah, I don't think I like the idea of buying two books before I
know
> the rules, then a third to round out the Centauri and Narn and maybe a
> fourth for Shadows and Vorlons.  Would Non-Aligned Worlds make it
> 5 books ?

Currently the 4th book is planned as Vorlons/Shadows/League but it was
noted
that this may change.  All of the variants for ships currently published
for
B5 Wars will show up in these FA books, and their probably won't be many
variants for the Vorlons and the Shadows so that will leave room for the
League ships, in theory anyway.

> Off the top of my head, the things I liked: Fighters on escort, strike
or
> superiority missions.  Concepts for squadron movement and squadron
command
> and control.	Fleet command and control.  Squadron and fleet
> morale (though
> I'd tweak it).  An actual game mechanic for EW/ESM screening within a
> squadron.  ELINT ships.

One thing I liked (at least in the playtest version, haven't seen the
published version yet) was for any point battle game, you could
designate
some ships as 'reinforcements' and a turn they were due to appear and
get
bonus points to use for more ships.  The later they were scheduled to
appear, the larger bonus you got (a percentage of your reinforcement's
points).  On the turn the reinforcements were to appear, you would roll
die to see if they actually showed up or were delayed.	A neat tradeoff
that
could result in some interesting battles.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: WoTC buyout of LUG