Prev: Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales Next: Re: Measuring things...

Re: Measuring things...

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:20:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Measuring things...

>If you do allow pre-measurement, exactly what can I pre-measure?
>When can I measure?
>Can I pre-measure distances to all ships?
[here come the scissors]

I think that all of these questions miss the point to a certain extent.

In competitive games and tourneys in which I've played, no
pre-measurement
was allowed. That's not to say that it will always be thus, but I think
that there's a very good reason for it.

We're (and I think I can speak for the group here) out to have fun, not
become obsessive-compulsive about something that's supposed to help you
relax.

Sure, if the group agrees, you can measure till the cows come home.
However, I'm just interested in playing a game, having fun, and seeing
everyone else's cool paint jobs ;-)

Thus, personally, I don't care to pre-measure for combat or movement.
I'd
rather put my Mk. I eyeball to the test and simply PLAY.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales Next: Re: Measuring things...