Prev: Re: GZG figs vs. B5W figs vs. B5FA figs Next: Re: [FT] Manual of Tactics

Re: [FT] Manual of Tactics

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 23:49:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Manual of Tactics

>If such a beastie doesn't exist, I volunteer to put something
like this on my
>web site. All I need is some suitable expert commentary...

I'm not qualified as an expert but that never stopped me
before....

Know your ships, and your enemy's.  Know your best range; stay
at a range where you're dishing out more damage than you're
taking.

In vector, you can figure out pretty well where your targets
will have to be.  Arrange to cover that area with your optimum
fire arc.  Bear in mind you may need to shoot for more than one
turn--arrange your vector accordingly.

Hot dice can compensate for poor maneuvering, but only to a
degree.  If you have nothing in range and arc, it doesn't matter
how good your gunners are.

Prev: Re: GZG figs vs. B5W figs vs. B5FA figs Next: Re: [FT] Manual of Tactics