Prev: Re: GZG figs vs. B5W figs vs. B5FA figs Next: [FT] Fleet Survey Results

Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:10:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi

ODUPSHAW3@cs.com wrote:
> I have always wanted to
> try and game out the final battle in Footfall.  "Allright humans you
have a
> smaller, less technologically advanced ship, but you have caught the
aliens
> napping.  Go get them.  Aliens, you have more ships but they are
spread out,
> your mothership's main drive is down for maintenance and you can not
afford
> to take to much damage as all of your women and children are on it.
Survive
> long enough to get your drive on line and run.  Oh and humans if you
fail the
> aliens are going to drop enough rocks on Earth kill mankind."

	That's a game I'd wanted to design myself.

	What action!  A Orion Drive battleship ambushing
	a Bussard Ramjet.

	With Orion, trivial things like conserving every gram of
	spaceship mass are a thing of the past.
	That monsterous ship lifted off carrying a huge load of
	nuke pumped x-ray laser submunitions, all of the Space
	Shuttles, and a small fleet of hastily designed space fighters.

	It could have carried the main batteries from the battleship
	New Jersey if it wanted.

Prev: Re: GZG figs vs. B5W figs vs. B5FA figs Next: [FT] Fleet Survey Results