Prev: Re: Simple Campaign Thrust Next: Re: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

[FT] SV Screen Node Question

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:39:01 -0500
Subject: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

I have a question for on SV screen nodes and the mass they take up.  It
is
mainly for Jon TO give an official ruling but I'll let everyone voice
their
opinion.  I'm finalizing an excel spreadsheet for designing all ships
from
FB1 and FB2 and this situation came up. (I'll post the sheet on my 'Star
Ranger's Stuff' page later tonight)

According to the rules, each node is 5% the mass of the ship, but no
mention
is made stating that if you have 2 nodes, it is 10% (like is done with
screens in FB1).  So if the ship has 2 nodes, do the percentages get
added
before multiplying times mass or is each node's mass calculated
separately?
If the percentages are added before multiplying by mass, it could result
in
an odd mass and then each node would have a different power value.  This
does not effect any ships in FB2.

Example:  A mass 150 ship wants 2 screen nodes.
a) 150 mass x 10% = 15 mass for the 2 screen nodes, power equals mass so
1
node requires 8 power and 1 requires 7 power

b) 150 mass x 5% = 7.5 rounded up to 8 mass so a total of 16 mass is
used
for the 2 screen nodes, each requires 8 power to operate.

Again to rephrase, should screen nodes be calculated separately, or
should
their percentages be added together before calculation?

Also how about Phalon Vapour Shrouds, same situation, combine
percentages or
calculate separately?  This does not have the power problem like the
screen
nodes, but it could result in a 1 mass difference. (This might not be
much
of an issue since the 2nd Shroud would be a backup)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: Simple Campaign Thrust Next: Re: [FT] SV Screen Node Question