Prev: Re: Colonization Next: Re: Colonization

Re: Entry speeds

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:24:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Entry speeds

>>Quick poll time: What do *you* (yes, you in the audience) use
for entry
>>parameters? I.e. initial speeds, facings and distance?

Facing, pick what you like but either head-on (eg the two sides
enter from 12 and 6) or converging (eg enter from 5 and 7,
headed towards 12) preferred.

Speeds, usually 12 or so.  Note that I play vector, where speed
isn't as critical to maneuvering as it is in cinematic (if
you're meeting bow to bow, you usually have time to build you
velocity so you only spend one turn in range, if you want).

Distance is usually 60 mu or greater.

I generally use floor (or spreadsheet) rather than table.

Prev: Re: Colonization Next: Re: Colonization