Prev: FT FAQ updates for Tim Next: Re: [CON] ATTN NYC AREA GZGers!!!

Texaco Free Trade Zone (LONG) Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:13:36 -0500
Subject: Texaco Free Trade Zone (LONG) Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

The combination of getting some excellent special decals through Thomas
Pope (thanks!) and Jerry's  all has started me thinking again about my
little project.

A couple of things I'd like some help with, if the list will pardon me.

One thing that's been rolling around in my head is that the corporate
history is more parallel than part of the nations' history. You can put
both on the same timeline, and I'd expect interaction, but want the ebb
and
flow of the corporations to not be directly tied to those of the various
nations as the coporations are, indeed, international. Ok, a citizen of
Phezzan at heart.

I believe I mentioned this before, but had hopes this might manifest
itself
as work on such a separate history. One thing that my Texaco group of
losers, er, restructered corporationists needs is a point at which a
huge
conflagration occurred outside of the histories of the nations. A real
corporate war, if you will.

In the end, the losers are disbanded, absorbed into the winners, or in a
few cases, scurry away to hidden exploratory outposts, and the power of
corporations to conduct such real wars to be greatly controlled by the
nations through the auspices of the UN.

Points I need help on:

What does the pre-Corp War Texaco trade in? I want a fuel to be the
center
of it's business. H2? Tritrium? I'd prefer a heavy isotope of H2; the
hidden territory could be a tritium(quadrium?) rich region. Gives my
converted tankers a reason for being.

When does the big breakup take place? Is there something in the regular
history that might suggest expected side effects?

Where does the breakup start? Something I had in mind would be a 'trade
world' system, where several large corps had vast corporate parks where
the
boundaries were fairly active with industrial espionage and the like. A
few
of the security forces get a little trigger happy...

Where might the hidden TFTZ actually lie? Outside the nationally
boundaries, and out of the main path of the Kra'Vak or any other aliens.
Those boys would make swiss cheese of the TFNS ships. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: FT FAQ updates for Tim Next: Re: [CON] ATTN NYC AREA GZGers!!!