Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Texaco Free Trade Zone (LONG) Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

FT FAQ updates for Tim

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:00:29 +0200
Subject: FT FAQ updates for Tim

FB2 overwrites or amends some of the FAQ entries. The ones I've found
so far are:

FT2:
"How long do fighters take to refuel / re-arm?"
The FB2 fighter rules cover this.

MT:
Add a note that the MT rules for KV and SV ships have been completely
replaced by the FB2 rules. Some specific questions:

"Can Kra'Vak scatterguns target missiles?
If converting to the Fleet Book, it is suggested as a house rule..."
This is no longer a suggested house rule; instead it is the official
FB2
rule for scatterguns vs missiles :-/

"Why do the Kra'Vak always win when we have point balanced fleets?
... Until this is fixed in FB2, ..."
This has now been fixed in FB2 ("Fighter Re-arming", FB2 p.4).

"Do the Sa'vasku designs have a points cost"
The FB2 ones do.

FB1:
"What is a Carrier now that all ships can carry fighters?"
With the FB2 amendment "Fighter Launching" (FB2 p.4), any ship which
carries at least one small craft or fighter squadron counts as a
"carrier".

"Does the Enhanced Pulse Torpedo require a Firecon?
Yes, the Firecon ruling for FT2 still applies, though Jon Tuffley
states:
I think for the FB2 rules we should drop the firecon limitation for PTs
and
treat them just as any other weapon system "
Since the P-torp is a human rather than alien weapon this change didn't
make it into FB2, but it is IMO a safe bet to consider it [OFFICIAL].
The FT2 question
"Do pulse torpedoes require a separate firecon per tube, or do they
simply require a dedicated firecon per target?"
should include a hyperlink to this FB1 question, and the following FB2
entry
"Was anything done to Plasma Torpedoes so that they no longer need a
dedicated Fire Control System?
No. AFAIK it is officially approved, but since the P-torpedo is a human
weapon it seems more appropriate to publish that modification in FB3."

can be removed completely since it is covered by the above. There isn't
any official FT or FB weapon called "Plasma Torpedo" (shame on me for
not noticing that when I answered the question on the list...)

Updates to the FB2 errata, from various people:

Page 3, "Basic Ship Design: Rules Change"
This rule says "... ship designs may now have as many or as few Hull
boxes as the designer wishes, subject only to a lower limit of a
minimum of 10% of the total ship mass."

However, it is OK to round fractional hull boxes down (to a minimum of
1 hull box); or as St^3 Jon wrote:

"I think we go with the standard rounding rule, ie: 0.49 and
below round down, 0.5 and above round up, but with the proviso that no
ship may have less than 1 hull box (!).
So any ship of MASS 14 or below MAY have just 1 hull box if you wish,
MASS15 must have two or more."

Page 18 DO'SAN: NPV is 691, not 671.

pp23: INTERCEPTOR PODS: para 3 (which is one long sentence)

	can steer themselves aftre

to:   can steer themselves after

Also as its such a long sentence it has a double full stop..

Page 24: The "Total cost (NPV - Nominal Points Value)" in the example
is wrong; adding the costs of the various components together gives a
cost of 320 points.

Page 45: Phalon Weapons and Defences Summary: Pulser Batteries:
"level-2 screens and vapour shrouds negate rolls of 4 or 5."
This is wrong; level-2 screens and vapour shrouds have exactly the same
effect on Pulser fire as they have on beams (see FT2 p.10 or FB1
pp.12).

Page 47: Timeline entry for 2194 AD says that the Siege of Earth begins
in May 2193. This is wrong; it should say May 2194.

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Texaco Free Trade Zone (LONG) Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!