Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: RE: Errata for FB1

Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 08:31:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB3

Laserlight wrote:

> AEBrain's IF design comments

> >I have a twofold problem with these ships:
> >Firstly, off-centre firing arcs seem contrary to the spirit of
> the other designs.
> >It's very minimaxing to have a "spiral of doom".
>
> I play vector almost exclusively--as my teammembers in the
> ongoing PBeM can testify, sorry guys--where this is not an
> issue.  It would be good to have more feedback on how these
> designs work for cinematic.

I think the problem here is that the three arc offset and the
ability to roll the ship without any penelty allows five arc
coverage with a three arc cost (in both points and mass).
I should also note that the mass saved by this system can
be used to install more weapons or higher thrust, another
advantage that comes with minimal cost.
      If the ship could not fire while rolling, I would not
object to having to deal with this design concept.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: RE: Errata for FB1