Prev: RE: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3

Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:01:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB3

On  9-May-00 at 10:55, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (s_schoon@pacbell.net)
wrote:
> >I would go for the 36" movement (with upto a 2pt turn), 3 turn
endurance,
> >no second movement, range 6.
>
> I'd ditch the "ship-like movement" entirely and go with the fighter
based
> system. I'd agree that there would have to be at least some benefit
against
> PDS, otherwise they'd be too easy to eliminate.

I've always thought they would be better with fighter style movement,
move after ships, no radius (must be in base-base contact).

Too powerful?  With the levels of PDSs most people have evolved to
I don't think so.

That is my one minor problem with FB ships.  They were a nice starting
point but didn't go through a weapons evolution which we are seeing
in the game and see in the real world.	They don't have the requisite
PDS/ADFC suites to deal with a fighter/missile heavy environment.

Roger

Prev: RE: Thoughts on FB3 Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3