Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help! Next: [OT] Still: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:27:52 -0400
Subject: Re: DS II: Capitulation (was point balancing)

Beth Fulton wrote:

> G'day Oerjan,
>
> >Doing it the current DSII way can work, but in this case armour needs
> >to be *very* much more expensive than it is now. Personally I find
the
> >Fleet Book design system - which my DSII variant would resemble quite
> >bit - to be both less complicated and a lot more intuitive than the
> >current DSII system.
>
> I'm intrigued, I like the sound of this, how much of a departure from
an
> FBish system would you anticipate (i.e. obviously no requirement for
> explicit hull boxes etc in DS etc so there will be some departure)?

Ditto. And I can't afford to be 'intrigued' today (too much stuff I
gotta deal with this morning at work here). Lessee....how would you
scale the size classes....to be something akin to 1 Size Class is
approximately the same as 10-20 Mass? (let's use 20 Mass to start
with and reduce from there if need be). Make all vehicles fragile
or weak (10-20% for hull), give it armour out the wazoo (maybe Phalon-
type armour??), then load in weapons.

Hmmmmm! Damn, damn, damn. Now I'm going to be thinking about this
all day....

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help! Next: [OT] Still: Re: Starfire was Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.