Prev: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question Next: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise (long-ish)

Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:01:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise

For the record, Fleet Random Effect had 10 Class 6 beams and 2 class 5
beams
all told. My thanks to Brian and the other players for a long and
enjoyable
game. One lesson I take away from the Cygnus game is the power of
superior
range in Vector games (another reason I'm happy vector is optional
rather
than standard). I don't think my fleet would have fared nearly as well
in a
Cinematic game (even with a 3-arc redesign). My fleet would also have
not
done well with a lower total point value. The _massed_ class 6's were
essential to do any kind of significant damage at ranges above 48".

Noam

Fleet Random Effect (Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise):

Untidy Intentions and Reality Graft:Triream Class DNs
Mass: 177	 Cost: 638
Hull: Fragile	 Damg: 17 [5/4/4/4]
FTL: Std.
MD: 4
Armr: 0
Crew: 9
Sens: Std.
Systems
 1 x Screen
 1 x FCS
 3 x Class-6 beam (F)
NOTE: Screens on all the fleet's ships are possibly a design flaw. Armor
would be more generally useful against enemies that make it to close
range

Schrodinger's Hammer and Division by Zero: Gorgon Class CHs
Mass: 90	 Cost: 325
Hull: Fragile	 Damg: 9 [3/2/2/2]
FTL: Std.
MD: 4
Armr: 0
Crew: 5
Sens: Std.
Systems
 1 x Screen
 1 x FCS
 1 x PDS
 1 x Class-6 beam (F)
 1 x Class-5 beam (F)

Shot Noise: Medusa Class CH
Mass: 90	 Cost: 325
Hull: Fragile	 Damg: 9 [3/2/2/2]
FTL: Std.
MD: 4
Armr: 0
Crew: 9
Sens: Std.
Systems
 1 x Screen
 1 x FCS
 1 x ADFC
 15 x PDS
 1 x Class-6 beam (F)
NOTE: Design flaw in the single ADFC. Should have a second ADFC and 2
less
PDS.

Mojo Filter: Clyclops Class CE
Mass: 68	 Cost: 247
Hull: Fragile	 Damg: 6 [2/2/1/1]
FTL: Std.
MD: 4
Armr: 0
Crew: 4
Sens: Std.
Systems
 1 x FCS
 1 x ADFC
 5 x PDS
 1 x Class-6 beam (F)

Prev: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question Next: Re: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise (long-ish)