Prev: Re: [FT]EW Yet again Next: Re: Gauss Weapons

Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:57:08 EDT
Subject: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

In a message dated 4/26/00 7:40:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
nyrath@clark.net
writes:

<< Heh.  I remember in the old E.E."Doc" Smith LENSMAN novels
    (circa 1940) they use magnesium "star shells" in their space
    battles, in order to illuminate the combatants in the
    darkness of deep space.

"Doc"'s PhD was in Agricultural Chemistry - not physics. I have a
numbered
and autographed first edition of his second lensman book with a tattered
but
intact dustcover if anyone is seriously interested.

Prev: Re: [FT]EW Yet again Next: Re: Gauss Weapons