Prev: RE: DS2 Balance Next: Re: DS2 Balance

Re: DS2 Balance

From: "Robert W. Eldridge" <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:29:00 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance

Actually, the M4 (WWII) had a higher rate of fire (lighter rounds) than
the
M1A2, although rate of fire is VERY dependent on the training of the
crew.
The M1A2's advantages are vastly superior armor which the WWII tank
could
not penetrate, even from the flank, about ten times the effective range
and
a much higher hit probability (a combination of the gun and the fire
control
system) and far superior sensors (thermal imaging). On yeah, and it's
muuch
faster and has a much higher acceleration due to the turbine. It's no
exaggeration to say a platoon of M1A2 tanks could annihilate an entire
WWII
armored division, probably without taking a single casualty.