Prev: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: DS2: IAVR and GMS/P

RE: DS2 Balance

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:53:40 -0700
Subject: RE: DS2 Balance

At 09:57 PM 4/23/00 +1000, you wrote:
>     I like the idea of higher rates of fire for the increase in FC but
>this might over balance a bit?....perhaps the approach of allowing
EITHER
>multiple shots but rolling a FC dice lower, or using the higher FC dice
but
>only the one shot?

The extra shots are interesting.  I will have to try that next time I
play
DS.  Does anyone have any information as to if this is borne out in real
life?  Is the ROF of a M1A2 double that of a comparible WWII tank?

  Example...   > Basic = 1
>> Enhanced = 2
>  2 shots using Basic or 1 with Enhanced
>> Superior = 4
>  4 shots using Basic, 2 using Enh or 1 using Sup
>> Brilliant (D12) = 8
>
>  In any event, if Tony hasn't also Up Armoured then in a straight
slugging
>match LoTek will always win....At odds of 5 to1 HiTek has to hit every
>time, LoTek only has to hit once.....	Try the tactic of hitting and
>pulling back to maintain your advantage of range?

Also, were any infantry used by either side? Engineering vehicles?
Artillery?

Ndege Diamond
-
Every dogma has its day.
-
Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net

Prev: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: DS2: IAVR and GMS/P