Prev: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 00:50:26 GMT
Subject: RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

In message <01BFAC5A.BB1DF500.mwbrown@veriomail.com> Michael Brown
writes:
> FWIW:  A chaingun typically has one barrel, where a minigun is a multi
barrel
> gatling type.  Doom had a minigun called a chain gun.

...so did the old GW game "Dark Future". I actually sent the
designer, Richard Halliwell a photocopy from a library book that
showed a 7.62mm chaingun and mini-gun. He wrote back saying that,
well, the figures look like mini-guns but the name chaingun is
much cooler.

Chaingun is, I think, a trademark of The Boeing Company. I've
never seen a multibarreled one.

> A Bradley has a 25mm
> Chaingun (the chain, driven by a motor works the feed, as opposed to
having
> recoil energy do all the work)

Also, Apache Helicopters have 30mm chainguns. Look at an Apache in
profile... that's a chaingun.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle