Prev: Re: [OT] Columbia Games Next: RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 00:24:23 GMT
Subject: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

In message <20000422193456.79651.qmail@hotmail.com> "Brian Bilderback"
writes:
> I'll go back to GHQ's site and look through the British vehicles to
see if I
> can figure out on my own, before someone tells us, which armored car
the
> SABRE's turret is from. My question is, if it's so similar to the
Scimitar,
> why did they bother? Or was it just a budget-saving move, since they
had the
> Scorpions and the AC turrets already, and if so, what IS the main
British
> Recce vehicle at this point in time?

I would say that, yes, it was to save money and I suppose that
Scimitars and Sabres are pretty much interchangable. In the
fullness of time I imagine that they will be replaced by a
stealthy vehicle with a composite, radar absorbing hull of some
sort.

Fox? Dunno. Check with Jane's.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: [OT] Columbia Games Next: RE: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle