Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: Re: SG2 Rule Verification Requested

Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:32:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

Beth Fulton wrote:

> G'day John,
>
> >Hrm. . . moving in that direction already.
>
> Well then you're streets ahead f the rest of us already! ;)
> Mind you steer clear of Phalons in that case...

With your comments below, I think I'll focus on bribing them to pester
the IF.

If I let them into my universe--I am NOT fond of 'area effect' weapons.
If your scale is larger 1mu = 10km, then they really don't make much
sense.	Do one of our math geeks want to calculate it out?  Based on a
Salvo Missle being (arbitrarily) a 20kT warhead, an mu = 1,000 km, what
it would take to fill a sphere 6,000 km in diameter with the same energy
as 5 20kT warheads produce??

> >Hrm. . .
>
> Is that a good Hrm or a bad one??

It's a Hrm Hrm.  I dinna like spreading my ships out--mutual support is
good, m'kay.  The trick is to have them coordinated in time instead of
space. . .

> >> c) If humans (and got the choice) go for longer range weaponary or
speed
> >> (though under 'new' vector probably only longer range stuff would
help)

> >New vector?	Are you referring to something other than FB1?
>
> Yep, in FB2 Jon has put out another 'alternate' (well revised
'optional')
> vector system for those who weren't enamoured with the fact you could
> MD/turn/push. Basically all thrust (for MDs, pushes and rotations)
comes
> out of the total thrust factor of the main drive.
> Pushes (side or aft) are limited to 1 thrust maximum per turn by each
set
> of thrusters and multiple rotations in a single turn are now
permitted, but
> 1 thrust factor is used for each rotation (no matter how many facings
ship
> rotates through each time).

Hrm . . . And that's a somewhatpositivebutI'llhavetoplayacouplagames
Hrm.

> Actually I think you misunderstood me there, I was thinking more along
the
> lines of trying new 'moves' etc rather than redesigning everything all
the
> time (I'm with you on that one, once built that's the way they stay
barring
> new classes/refits years down the track campaign wise).

Yeah.  I'm revising the basic logic I use for my fleet, then I'm going
to go back and start introducing counter-KV designs which will be
availabe in the 2190 time frame or so.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight Next: Re: SG2 Rule Verification Requested