Prev: Re: GenCon Pre-reg Error. Next: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:01:30 +1000
Subject: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

G'day John,

>Hrm. . . moving in that direction already.

Well then you're streets ahead f the rest of us already! ;)
Mind you steer clear of Phalons in that case...

>Price I pay--I think campaign, and the same squadron may have to
>slap around IFed and KV in the same week (I have this mental image of a
>combined IF/KV fleet, and it's not nice. . . )

Never pictured KV having many human allies, that's more a Phalon nuance,
but yes I guess the thought would be intimidating.

>> b) Using wings not tight blobs in attacks
>
>Hrm. . .

Is that a good Hrm or a bad one??

>> c) If humans (and got the choice) go for longer range weaponary or
speed
>> (though under 'new' vector probably only longer range stuff would
help)

>New vector?  Are you referring to something other than FB1?

Yep, in FB2 Jon has put out another 'alternate' (well revised
'optional')
vector system for those who weren't enamoured with the fact you could
MD/turn/push. Basically all thrust (for MDs, pushes and rotations) comes
out of the total thrust factor of the main drive.
Pushes (side or aft) are limited to 1 thrust maximum per turn by each
set
of thrusters and multiple rotations in a single turn are now permitted,
but
1 thrust factor is used for each rotation (no matter how many facings
ship
rotates through each time).

>> e) Pray that you're playing someone who rolls lots of 1s or 6s.
>
>Kyrie Eleison is a battlecry, not a strategy.	:)

Damn knew I was doing something wrong ;)

>Actually, no.	I run Imperial fleets.	I use a handful of standardized
>classes.  I don't see a thrill in tweaking my designs for hours on
>spreadsheets and running volumes of statistics to 'optomize'.
>Redesigning and tweaking for every single one-off battle seems a bit
>silly.  I may loose more one-offs, but it 'feels' right to me.

Actually I think you misunderstood me there, I was thinking more along
the
lines of trying new 'moves' etc rather than redesigning everything all
the
time (I'm with you on that one, once built that's the way they stay
barring
new classes/refits years down the track campaign wise).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: GenCon Pre-reg Error. Next: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight