Prev: Re: Recce by Fire Next: Re: Anyone Heard from St. Jon?

Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:43:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Two AARs--John Atkinson vs Laserlight

>>Lesson 2: "You can't avoid being in the F arc of a Kra'Vak
>>ship."
>
>Takes practice but is possible - try flanking moves (another
thing that
>takes practice but works very well against the KV).

He kept his squadron all in one clump, thus I was pretty much
guaranteed to have something in arc; in fact the only time I
couldn't pretty much pick whatever target I wanted was when two
of them ended up behind me (about 2MU range and facing the wrong
way).

>>John suggests the quick and easy modification would be to
delete
>>the provision for KV weapons doing double damage.
>
>Actually I don't think that's necessary, just out of interest
were you
>using the new mechanic or the old for dealing double damage?

New.  I'll also point out that I was using battlecruisers with
K5's; had it been a greater number of K3's, for example, it
wouldn't have been as painful.

>Seeings as it rips thru' armour too your best defenses would be
longer
>range beams or high manuverability. Keep the sods at range, hit
them from
>both sides and make them use up their scatterpacks needlessly
would be my
>advice.

Scatterpacks weren't really that dangerous.  The MKPs were
certainly useful, though; IIRC, I got five "hits" from six
MKP's, so YMMV.

Prev: Re: Recce by Fire Next: Re: Anyone Heard from St. Jon?