Prev: OT: Air games Next: Re: Recce by Fire

Re: Air games

From: "J Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:28:01 +1000
Subject: Re: Air games

>I've been on the lookout for a good air-to-air miniatures game that
>*does*not* use hexes and isn't horribly complex. For a long, long time.

There was a game that I played YEARS ago which I don't remember the name
of... a friend brought it back from the States.

You needed a large playing area (floor), wooden blocks and wooden poles
marked with heights. Small scale miniature planes were fixed with
alligator
clips to the pole, and it could be manipulated to various angles of
attack
etc. Basically you wrote orders (including angle of attack, depending
upon
your movement) and then moved. Then you determined if you could attack
by
measuring straight along the length of your fighter the distance to the
enemy fighter. If you were on the right angle, you had a chance of
hitting.

It was a pretty cool game. Very visual. Wheeling fighters. Took a long
time
to play, however that may have been because we were learning the rules.
And
you need to make your own poles etc. :)

To bring this reasonably on topic, perhaps such a system could be
adapted
for FT (though there was that space fighter game that used something
similar)...

Regards,

Jeremy
---
Jeremy Sadler jsadler@earthling.net
Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site http://stargrunt.virtualave.net
"My Father forsake me, the town forsake me... I'm completely forsook." -
Jesus, South Park

Prev: OT: Air games Next: Re: Recce by Fire