Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #843 Next: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:50:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> And this superheated steam (And possibly vacuum) wouldn't have any
> detrimental effect on the firing unit?

Depends.  I mean hell, the backblast on a plasma rifle is pretty fuckin'
intense even in regular air.  In Traveller, it was generally lethal
unless the firer had at least full combat armor, and it was more normal
for plasma/fusion-armed units to wear battle dress (power armor).  So if
the firers are in full environmental armor tough enough to stop 4mm HV
rounds, then why would a little steam bother it?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #843 Next: Re: Underwater Rules - SG (long)