Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Active vs Passive

Flying Saucers (was We're No. '1' :) )

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:33:44 +0100
Subject: Flying Saucers (was We're No. '1' :) )

In message <3.0.3.32.20000413003201.0085f710@popmail.voicenet.com>
	  John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:

> At 11:08 PM 4/12/00 -0400, you wrote:
[snip]

> >If you're looking for a Stargrunt saucer, you could always kitbash
them. It
> >shouldn't be that hard to find plastic bowls or something that could
be
> >glued together to make flying saucers.
> >
> >I know Testors did a traditional flying saucer model a couple of
years ago,
> >but that might be TOO big.
>
> It was 1/48th scale, and I still regret not buying it when I had the
> chance.  I never saw it open, so I can't swear that it would have
worked
> with 25mm...but it would have been close enough.  And it looked quite
nice.
>  Mine would have seen more RPG use than wargaming, but still....
> Realistically, of course, it would still be sitting in the box,
> unassembled, next to my Horizon Aliens Dropship and my Testors
Robotech
> models.  Someday, though.  Someday.
>

> John X Crimmins
> johncrim@voicenet.com
>   "...is one of the secret masters of the world: a librarian.
> They control information.  Don't ever piss one off."
>   --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

A few years ago I saw one of these being used as part of a 25mm Greys
vs. humans miniatures game run at Colours ('97 I think) - it looked to
pe a perfect scale in comparison with the figures (GZG greys I think,
probably the assorted humans with guns were GZG as well). The following
year I think the same group did a Starship Bloopers
^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HTroopers game using the plastic bugs and assorted
25-30mm soldier type figures - I think they must have brought every toy
bug in the UK for that one (well, the south of England at least).

Charles
--

Prev: Re: Active vs Passive Next: Re: Active vs Passive