Prev: Re: EW Next: Re: EW Questions

Re: EW

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:51:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: EW

On 10-Apr-00 at 03:48, Mikko Kurki-Suonio (maxxon@swob.dna.fi) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Thought I was gone for good? Wrong...
>
>  My take on the EW issue:
>
> FT is a simple, fun game. IMHO, it was designed to be, and I like it
that
> way. Therefore
>
> * Anything that adds dice rolls to the game IS A BAD THING(tm) *

I will agree with this one entirely.  Not sure the mechanic mentionned
is what I would want, but for a tabletop game it should work very
well, the 1" change per 6" of range even feels good.

I'm going to do something closer to what I mentionned earlier for
my PBeM setup I'm working on, but in PBeM if each player gets their
own map every turn you can limit information.  That's difficult to
do when playing tabletop.  Tabletop the "not radiating" scenarios
from HH are almost impossible, however, PBeM you can stage an ambush
if the EW rules allow it.

Roger

Prev: Re: EW Next: Re: EW Questions