Prev: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements Next: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

Re: New GZG Player Questions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:03:33 +0200
Subject: Re: New GZG Player Questions

Carl Stovell wrote:

>What is the recommended actual passenger capacity for each 1
>passenger space allotted during ship creation?

Whatever you want it to be. It depends completely on the background
your battles are set in. (Not very helpful, am I...)

The ground/space interface rules in More Thrust give a ratio of 12.5
infantry soldiers + equipment per FT/MT Mass; 1 Mass in FT/MT is
roughly 2 Mass in the FB design system, so about 6-7 soldiers per Mass
of passenger space.

The only problem is that this value is way, *way* too low to allow any
meaningful colonisation (or any meaningful planetary invasions, for
that matter)...

>Surely this is not 1 person per 1 mass as it appears.

The Tuffleyverse *military crew* sizes are 1 person per Mass. That's
not exactly the same as the amount of passengers you can carry :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements Next: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements