Prev: Re: FB2 Status??? Next: Re: New GZG Player Questions

Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:55:47 -0400
Subject: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

Reen-Shuler Adrian wrote:

> Clearly more players would be great, but I can't seem to find any in
Boston.

> So, I'm stuck with just two of us.  And we'd really like to be able to
play
> large fleet battles.
> That's why I'm looking for some possible rules modifications.  Unless
> somebody knows FT players in Boston.

Geez, this is a blatant cry for a plug about the...

[drum roll, please]

	    UNOFFICIAL GZG PLAYER LOCATION PAGE!!!

[commercial music here; your choice, depending on your mood]

 http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/location.html

I'll let the page primarily speak for itself (Adrian, there is someone
listed for the Boston area by the name of Peter Mancini). If you would
like to have yourself noted in this growing list, please email me (OFF
LIST) to:  kochte@stsci.edu   and I'll get you on there asap (usually
immediately, if not sooner, if I'm not too swamped with work - which
at this very moment I am, but...  :)

> As for Escorts, that's probably the key issue.
> Although I must admit it seems distasteful that the missiles can't
sort for
> size.
> Yes, I'm sure you can make all kinds of ECM arguments, but still...

Then make a houserule that missiles have to be 'programmed' for a
certain
mass range prior to launch. I've dabbled with this before; it worked
okay.
But since it negates Banzai Jammers, people are less inclined to use
this
houserule.

Mk

[ps: you can end the commercial music now; thanks]

Prev: Re: FB2 Status??? Next: Re: New GZG Player Questions