Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......Not anymore! Next: Re: [OT] New Player

Re: FB2 Movement Rules and Advanced Drives

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:03:30 +1000
Subject: Re: FB2 Movement Rules and Advanced Drives

G'day Tom, Graeme, everybody,

Tom asked:
>So, how do the KV move in this new ruleset? Same way, only higher
thrust? Or
>are there extra rules there?

In vector they and the SV MD along any of the 12 clock directions and
rotate from main pool, no thrusters, no pushes.

Graeme wondered:
>One question i have so far, from FB2, is since advanced drives arn't
limited to main
>drive thrust out the rear only. What about the rule that you can't fire
out of the rear
>arc when you use the engines.

To be honest it never came up for me as none of the weapons I used were
out
the aft arc.

>The reason why i ask, is that Sa'Vasku can bring their full beam
firepower in
>whatever direction they have a stinger node pointing. So high speed
passes
aren't
>as risky as with human tech since overshoots don't cut much firepower
(only pod
>launchers can't fire) but greatly reduce the amount of firepower facing
you.

True, but once wounded they crumple a lot faster too as power generators
go
down and you've got to start siphoning off power for
repair/fleeing/defense.

>ps. I gather from the example that stinger nodes are 2 mass and pod
launchers
>are 3 mass and costs is massx3 for the both.

Yep.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salute, FB2 and stuff......Not anymore! Next: Re: [OT] New Player