Prev: Re: Sensor Bogeys - how to handle them. Next: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language

Re: KV Language

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:07:26 -0500
Subject: Re: KV Language

>Brian Bilderback wrote:
>>
>> So Kra'Vak, in Kra'Vak, Means Person(s) of Sorrow Flyer?
Hmmm... I wonder
>> how this self-definition of theirs fits in with their
psychology (IF I'm
>> reading it right).
>>
>> Brian B

KRA'VAK: Literal translation: "People of the Sorrow Killer "

ZHA'VAK: Literal translation: "World of the Sorrow Killer " -
the Kra'Vak Homeworld.

That's [OFFICIAL] from St^3 Jon's post a while ago (and
memorialized at
http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/xeno/kravak_psyche.html )

The grammar is a little loose, of course, so it's going to be
interesting to see if that means "Sorrow is the Killer" or
"Sorrow Because of the Killer" or even "Sorrow Has Been Killed".
I lean towards the last version and so my Kra'Vak subclan-to-be
is going to be from Happy Valley, or something to that effect.
Just imagine Ewok Predators.

Yeah, okay, so my subclan is a bunch of heretics.  Feel free to
send missionaries--we can always use the salvage...

Prev: Re: Sensor Bogeys - how to handle them. Next: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language