Prev: Re: FB2 Next: Re: [ds2] DS2 Flavor

Re: [ds2] DS2 Flavor

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 18:43:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [ds2] DS2 Flavor

>And no, DSII is not an elegant game, nor is it as gritty as I
imagine SGII
>must be. but it does have its niche, and some of us actually
enjoy playing
>in that niche.

Oh, I agree.  You have a trade off between elegance and detail.
FT, as I said, essentially has two major components: ships and
fighters.  DS2 has artillery, armor, infantry, aircraft, and
ships.	In to adequately simulate it, you have to have more
detail--therefore less elegance.

>wanted. And O.G.R.E. was a little TOO simple and big-scale for
me.

Simple, fast-play games have a certain attraction for me--I can
fit them into the schedule, every month or two.  If I'm lucky.

>As for telling a vehicle's nationality by it's design, that
would require
>some familiarity with te nationality.	And perhaps adding
subtle nuances to
>each nation's weapons is a bit overdoing it, I was just
curious.

Well, if you're doing the designing, then you design different
weapon fits for different nationalities.  It would be nice if
there were published designs for the GZG Major Powers, you'd
know that NSL tanks usually have HKP while FSE armor depends on
HELs...but weren't you just saying that what you liked was the
generic nature of DS2?

Prev: Re: FB2 Next: Re: [ds2] DS2 Flavor