Prev: OT: More Milwaukee LS Demos. Next: Re: Combat films

Re: Combat films

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:55:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Combat films

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:00:40 PST, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>It's not a Samurai movie (Despite the title), and it's not a war movie,
but
>your comment here made me think of Ronin" with DeNiro.

Not a bad movie, if a little heavy on car chases.

I love the 40 Ronin miniatures painted and on display in the "safe
house".
Which reminds me of a wargaming connection in a particular movie.
"Murder at
1600" (which I have yet to see) starring Wesley Snipes was filmed in
Toronto.
In the movie, the main character is doing a diorama (apparently for a
wargame?) of 1st Bull Run. The figures used in the diorama, and there
are a
couple thousand of them, are mostly Old Glory, if I remember, with some
other
manufacturers.

How do I know? The diorama was commissioned by the film company and
painted by
the owner of our local miniatures store, Crossed Swords, and some
regulars. I
was actually asked if I could join in, but I was too busy when they were
doing
it. A little part of me regrets not painting up some figures for them.
They
used the Dixie card game's 1st Bull Run set as a model for the regiment
uniform colours. The diorama was built in pieces, packed, and sent off
to the
set. The store has some pictures before it was sent off.

The diorama's fate? It was blown to pieces in the movie.

Now all we need is for Jon's figures to appear in a movie! Quick,
someone call
Hollywood!

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: OT: More Milwaukee LS Demos. Next: Re: Combat films